We bring extensive experience as both early-stage investors and scale up executives.
Unitus Ventures is a part of Capria Network – a select group of leading impact fund managers in emerging markets that collaborate deeply to achieve superior results.
Capria is a global impact investment firm managing multiple funds that accelerate the flow of capital to deliver superior returns in emerging markets by:
- Providing advisory and acceleration services to impact fund managers
- Investing in early-stage businesses and impact funds around the world
- Operating the leading global network of impact fund managers
Capria is focused on delivering superior profits to investors combined with scaled social and environmental impact, with the goal of unlocking over USD $500 million in impact capital by 2021 and positively impacting the lives of millions. Capria is backed by Unitus, a pioneer in incubating financial services firms that address global problems with innovative, market-driven solutions.
Indian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (IVCA)
Unitus Seed Fund’s latest association is becoming a member of the Indian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (IVCA). The Indian Private Equity and Venture Capital Association (IVCA), established in 1993 and based in New Delhi, is the oldest, most influential and largest member-based national organization of its kind. It represents venture capital and private equity firms to promote the industry within India and overseas. It seeks to create a more favorable environment for private equity, venture capital investment and entrepreneurship. It is an influential forum representing the industry to governmental bodies and public authorities.
IVCA members include leading venture capital and private equity firms, institutional investors, banks, corporate advisers, accountants, lawyers and other service providers of the venture capital and private equity industry. These firms provide capital for seed ventures, early stage companies, later-stage expansion and growth equity for management buyouts/ buy-ins.
Unitus Seed Fund is a part of the Unitus Group, a leader in early-stage equity and debt capital market development for businesses serving low-income (base of the economic pyramid or “BoP”) populations in India, Southeast Asia, China, Africa and Latin America markets. Affiliates of the Unitus Group include:
- Unitus Equity Fund is the first commercially-funded venture fund focused on early-stage microfinance institutions. Managed by Elevar Equity.
- Patamar Capital is actively investing in early-stage businesses which create BoP livelihoods opportunities.
- Unitus Capital is the leading financial advisory firm in India focused raising capital for businesses serving BoP populations.
- Unitus Seed Fund invests in startups which create opportunities for large low-income populations in developing countries.
- Unitus Labs, a public nonprofit, incubates ventures with promising scale-up potential.
Impact Investors Council (IIC)
Unitus Seed Fund is a founding member of the Impact Investors Council (IIC), a member-based industry body that aims to catalyze the growth of the impact investing sector in India. The main objectives of IIC are:
- Impact Measurement and Standardization: Set standards for impact investing in India and function as the nodal body for impact measurement and reporting; develop impact assessment and measurement frameworks
- Research and Policy Support: Engage with policy makers to facilitate creation of a conducive policy framework for the impact investor community
- Brand Building/ Public Affairs: Strengthen the India impact sector story by disseminating information about the impact sector