Unitus Ventures (formerly Unitus Seed Fund) invests in BoP Startups — startups with built-in, large scale potential impact on base of the economic pyramid populations. In addition to delivering strong financial returns to investors, we are committed to measuring and reporting the community impact of our investments. We currently track 8 measurements at the aggregate level:
- Social impact: Lives Touched; Employees; States Touched
- Financial impact: Aggregate Invested Capital; Revenue Generated; Further Capital Raised
- Ecosystem impact: Advisors; Ecosystem Partners
Impact Reports by Unitus Ventures (formerly Unitus Seed Fund)
Thoughts on Measuring Impact
Measuring impact of investments is a young and developing area. In particular, techniques and approaches for measuring impact on very early-stage companies has very little precedent. We would like to share our learnings, experiences, and insights as we pursue this journey.
We’ve shared thoughts about the current state of the art in impact assessment and reporting from two perspectives:
- first, for entrepreneurs to help them think about the value of impact assessment in their business operations, and
- second, for entrepreneurs and investors, to understand how assessments and reporting of impact can roll up across companies and sectors at the level of a private equity fund such as Unitus Ventures (formerly Unitus Seed Fund).
Impact Measurement Guide
For Investors and Entrepreneurs