Unitus Ventures is a leading venture capital firm in India that supports early-stage tech startups bringing the future of work to Bharat. Unitus Ventures drives growth and success of startups in Jobtech, Fintech, SaaS and Climate sectors. Launched in 2012, Unitus Ventures is a founding member of Capria Network, the leading venture network investing in extraordinary tech startups of the Global South. Unitus Ventures is based in Bangalore and Seattle. More at: https://unitus.vc and http://capria.vc/network
Being a globally-distributed and gender diversified team, we also take keen interest in different cuisines, travel and culture stories of our team members! (So please be prepared to listen and share as much!)
How does marketing at a VC firm function?
Venture capital investors and startup CEOs have amazing stories to tell – both nationally and globally. We are a dynamic and creative marketing team, with responsibility to help drive marketing activities for these startups and our own investment firm. We narrate their power stories in the most creative and credible form, originating from a leading venture investor with a hot portfolio. Our distribution channels include social media, PR, newsletters and our websites.
Objectives of this role:
- Develop media relations strategy focused on high-level placements in print, broadcast, and online channels to increase company visibility
- Build connections with key media organizations and journalists through a mix of traditional, digital, and social channels
- Ensure that our PR efforts serve immediate and long-term business goals
- Forecast news cycles and identify areas of trending public interest
- Understand the competitor landscape and stay ahead of any threat to our brand position
- Establish a media relations plan that has actionable strategies for high-level placements
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate and assist with creation of a public relations plan to increase the visibility of Capria brand in relevant geographies
- Engage with marketing and investing leadership and teams to ensure that PR campaigns align with strategic goals, growth plans, and new-business opportunities
- Build, manage and leverage relationships with journalists & media houses across the globe, to land prominent placements in broadcast, traditional and online media worldwide.
- Spend time meeting and cultivating relationships with existing and new contacts within business and industry media
- Develop and implement content generation strategy for thought leadership, including articles
- Develop and implement strategy for media interactions, collaborations and partnerships
- Pitch new ideas for amplification of brand content on social media, and remain up to date with trends and opportunities
- Write timely press releases and media kits and work with social-media lead and designer to communicate proactively
- Explore channels and media platforms for effective outreach
- Present key operations & impact of various efforts to leadership on a regular basis
- Preparing and editing organizational publications such as newsletters, for internal and external audiences
We will shortlist you on the basis of these
- 7-9 years of experience in PR / corporate communications / journalism
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in public relations, marketing, or advertising; a related advanced degree would be a plus
- Established relationships with media organizations and journalists
- Grasp over traditional media (print & electronic) and new media (digital & social)
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS)
- Strong creative writing, proof-reading, and editing skills
- Can interact effectively with journalists and media houses
- Strong knowledge of media trends and editorial activities
- Good understanding of and interest in the Startup ecosystem
- Keen eye and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent team member, able to take direction well and contribute positively to the overall work environment and performance of the team.
- Quick learner who asks questions and is eager to grow.
- Punctual and accurate communicator, responsive to email, telephone calls and direct communication from staff.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work in a startup-like work environment with a focus on collaborative teamwork.
What do you get out of it:
Working with a renowned global VC firm has its own advantages, some of which include:
- Opportunity to work locally in India and globally across 4 continents
- Work with a niche marketing team which handles marketing strategy, product design, web UI/UX and brand development
- Learn how a VC views startups and what makes successful startups
- Gender neutral and diversity-forward teams
- Bonuses for excellent performance paid twice a year once you are a full-time employee
- Health-insurance and other benefits if you become a full time employee
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in fast-moving, new media concepts, with exposure to some of the most interesting startups and investors.