Scaling up our India Venture Capital Platform
Unitus Ventures is a leading venture capital firm investing in early-stage India tech startups bringing the future of work to Bharat. We drive growth and success of startups in Jobtech, Fintech, SaaS and Climate sectors. Launched in 2012, Unitus Ventures is a founding member of Capria Network, the leading venture network investing in extraordinary tech startups of the Global South. We currently manage 3 India venture funds and expect to launch our 4th fund later in 2023. Our investors include major families as well as institutional investors in India and the US. We manage all of our investments to global ESG standards with a goal of delivering top-quartile financial returns while delivering positive scaled social and environmental impact.
The Role: Build, Maintain & Operate Investment Systems
Unitus is seeking an outstanding entrepreneurial, and self-directed financial operations professional to provide leadership in the middle office for our India and Global South funds. You will work closely with our investment teams, finance and fund administration (back office) team, and our global operations team to design, build, improve and operate scalable and efficient investment operations systems, processes, and best practices. You will thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic, global startup environment, learning and mastering new things every day, and finding creative ways to meet the firm’s ambitious goals.
- Manage investment operations for India funds.
- Ensure our investments data is well-organized, accurate, and updated in a timely manner.
- Manage investment operations data architecture, processes, templates, and best practices standards.
- Lead process to deliver investor reports for India funds.
- Deliver quarterly LP reports on-time with high-quality and accurate data and helpful analysis.
- Deliver annual impact and ESG reports.
- Deliver other special investor reports.
- Support India investments transactions and ongoing compliance.
- Ensure transactions information is well organized, complete, and post transaction follow-ups are taken care of.
- Proactively monitor ongoing investments compliance and resolving in-bound investments-related requests.
- Support fundraising efforts with investment information and analysis.
- Manage fund and portfolio performance and forecast data, analysis and reports.
- Support fund and portfolio marketing with data, analysis and reporting including special requests from particular investors.
- Contribute to global investment systems.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to develop and implement investment operations best practices across the organization.
- Lead administration of our portfolio management tools.
- 3+ years of related experience in a financial operations role
- Undergraduate degree; Chartered Accountant or CFA or related advanced credentials are a plus.
- Polished written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively balance, prioritize, and manage many simultaneous projects to successful completion.
- Resourceful with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to find information that is not readily available.
- Ability to quickly and effectively analyze and synthesize complex information, exercising advanced critical thinking to deliver recommendations and solutions.
- Self-directed and comfortable asking questions and taking the initiative to get projects completed accurately and on time.
- Full proficiency in digital tools including spreadsheets, presentations, and other state-of-the-art SaaS tools for information sharing & communications.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to work as needed to accomplish projects on timelines.
You must be authorized to work in India.