Serving the low-income masses is a huge investment opportunity – a market of 1 billion people in India (often referred to as the Base of the economic Pyramid, or “BoP”) who are seeking better livelihood opportunities and access to affordable, quality products & services that improve their lives. As the economy continues to increase in optimism and grow, we select and invest in the most promising entrepreneurs tackling India’s greatest challenges using profitable business principles that can achieve massive scale.
As a venture seed investor, we invest very early, just after proof-of-concept. We invest modest amounts in a large number of companies and we crowd-in a community of experts / advisors to help founders to scale their impactful startups.
We invest across nearly all sectors that can be addressed with asset-light models with a primary focus on sectors including – healthcare, education and fin-tech. We also opportunistically invest in sectors such as Ag-tech, mobile/ consumer, and other businesses that are innovating for the masses.
Opportunity at Hand
Unitus Ventures is seeking fellows and interns who are eager to work in the fast-paced world of venture capital investing. Unitus provides an excellent learning environment with personalized mentoring.
The Ideal Fellow/Intern
Education and Prior Experience
- Undergraduate degree with concentration in business or communications, or MBA desired.
- Proven commitment to and understanding of the space in which we operate: ventures with scalable and profitable business models with potential to create widespread social impact
- Experience living or working in emerging markets is desired but not required
- A curious and questioning mind with a hunger to lear
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter who creates opportunity, does not wait for direction, solves
her/his own problems, and operates with limited management
- Fluent in English
- Prefer fluent in Hindi
Benefits and Compensation
- Living stipend offered: to be negotiated depending on time commitment and location
- Travel compensation: negotiable