- Assist the Sourcing and Deal Flow Manager in building and managing a pipeline of startups
- Build and maintain relationships in the Indian startup ecosystem: accelerators, incubators, angels, angel networks and Seed Funds
- Research areas of investment interest and document/present findings to the broader team; also summarize research in articles/blog posts
- Assist the Investment Associate in performing due diligence: secondary research, speaking with industry experts, customers, potential partners etc.
- Assist in drafting the investment memo to be presented to the Investment Committee
Investment Completion and Portfolio Monitoring
- Liaise with portfolio companies and advisors for completion of the investment documentation, funding and post-funding processes
- Follow up with portfolio companies on a monthly/quarterly basis for MIS reports, completion of dashboards, financial statements, cash positions, impact data etc.
Impact Measurement and Evaluation
- Work with the Impact & ESG Manager to define social impact metrics for new portfolio companies
- Periodically follow up with portfolio companies for collection of social impact data and screen data for consistency. Follow-up with portfolio companies for clarifications/rectifications
- Assist the Impact & ESG Manager with data collation and preparation of the half-yearly impact report
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Prior Experience
- Undergraduate degree with concentration in business or communications, or MBA desired.
- Proven commitment to and understanding of the space in which we operate: ventures with scalable and profitable business models with potential to create widespread social impact
- Experience living or working in emerging markets is desired but not required
- A curious and questioning mind with a hunger to learn
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated self-starter who creates opportunity, does not wait for direction, solves her/his own problems, and operates with limited management
Benefits and Compensation
- Living stipend offered: to be negotiated depending on time commitment and location